Author(s): Linda D. Urden; Kathleen M. Stacy; Mary E. Lough
Medical & Nursing
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit allows you to use this book as a one-stop resource for your critical care nursing education, as well as a reference for the relevant assessment techniques, lab values, and patient management principles needed by practicing nurses.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes reinforce practice guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care.
- Case studies in each chapter help you internalize and apply chapter content to clinical situations.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Patient Safety Alerts provide key information for special safety issues to keep safety in the forefront of your mind.
- Nursing Management Plans of Care appendix provides detailed, clinically-relevant care plans tied to 35 different NANDA nursing diagnoses.
- Highlighted QSEN content makes it easy to identify QSEN competencies as they relate to critical care nursing.
- Internet Resources box provides a list of key websites from leading organizations in critical care.
- Combined chapter on shock, sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome makes understanding similar physiologic processes easier.
- Chapter summaries provide quick study guides by organizing key information in the chapter.
- New! 6-second, standard ECG strips help you learn to identify wave forms and accurately reflect what you'll use in practice.
- New equipment information and photos accurately depicts what you'll encounter in a modern critical care unit.